‘Tis the season for baking: cookies, candies, pies, and more! Instead of days spent solo in the kitchen trying to bake everyone’s holiday favorites, why not share the work with your friends?
A Cookie Swap is becoming a popular party to host this time of year! Imagine a collection of your closest friends’ favorite cookies to share with all of your holiday guests…. Sounds wonderful, doesn’t it? It’s the perfect excuse to celebrate the season and still tackle your holiday to-dos!
Make your guest list and let’s get this party started! The key to a cookie swap is to keep it small enough that everyone gets the most cookies. 🙂 You’ll want to invite your guests to bake a dozen cookies for sampling and an extra one dozen for each attending guest to take home.
Here’s how to host a cookie swap.
1. Send out invitations
Invite your guests to bake a dozen for sampling and an extra one dozen for each attending guest.
2. Ask guests to RSVP with their recipe
Be sure to let all guests know how many people will be in attendance so they can bake accordingly.
3. Put together all the cookie recipes into mini books for guests
Send guests home with mini recipe books of the all of the cookie recipes compiled.
4. Set up a table with cards or signs to label each guests’ batch of cookies
5. Set out tasting plates and napkins for guests to sample each cookie
6. Serve refreshments to accompany cookies
7. Set up a packaging station with take home boxes or trays for your guests to compile their take home cookies
8. You may want to host a vote!
Vote on the most creative, the most festive, the best tasting, and more!
Ashley at Emerson Ceiling Fans
Visit Emersonfans.com to learn more.